Friday, June 22, 2018

Phil's Apology


Image result for phil us open 2018

QUICK PEEK

Phil issues an apology regarding his incident on the 13th green at the US Open.

I'VE GOT SOME TIME

I'm sure that everyone by now has heard about Phil's Incident on the 13th green in the US open by now. The media has been giving him hell for days about it. Phil was frustrated about the Open course, Shinnecock Hills, and he showed it by putting his ball while it was still in                                                                           motion.

Phil, days later, issued an apology to the media. He issued a written apology rather than a vocal one.

Phil wrote, "I know this should've come sooner, but it's taken me a few days to calm down. My anger and frustration got the best of me last weekend. I'm embarrassed and disappointed by my actions. It was clearly not my finest moment and I'm sorry.

I understand that Phil shouldn't have done this, but I think that everyone over reacted a bit. He took the two stroke penalty like he was supposed to.

The question that I would like to ask the media is why its okay for players to throw there clubs and mark up the course out of anger with no penalty, but they can't do something as harmless as hitting a moving putt and taking the penalty for it?

What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phil's First Appearance Since the US Open

QUICK PEEK Phil talks about his incident at the US Open, and finds humor in it. I'VE GOT SOME TIME Phil initially wrote out an apo...